Thursday 10 December 2015

Appreciate

It’s easy sometimes to become numb to the sheer talent we see in MTB videos, don’t you think? Like many of you, I've kicked off this lunch hour watching Danny Mac’s Cascadia video. If you haven't seen it yet, it's more logic defying, full mental. Danny starts on the rooftops of Spanish apartment block and works his way down to the sea following what I can only describe as the scenic route (see - https://goo.gl/SGafUP).

I first had this thought watching helmet cams Red bull Rampage. Aside from the 70+ foot gaps which I *actually* can't get my head around, I would genuinely struggle to drop in from that starters ledge and yet because we see all these riders drop in, it becomes the norm. 

Since then, I haven't really picked my jaw up off my desk at work, admiring the sheer flow, skill and balls of these gentlemen. If it's watching Remi Metallier tearing through Coast Gravity Park, Cam McCaul being, well, Cam McCaul or Danny Mac's Cascadia, I feel like I am appreciating everything more than ever and it's pushing my riding to a whole new level.

So sit back, get your lunch time brew, watch these and next time you're out on the trails, have a think about how these guys would ride it.


Remi @ Coast

Sam Reynolds @ Rampage



Cam McCaul - 3 Bikes, 3 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment